Download the Tuning Information Worksheet below and return to us before your scheduled tuning session. This information will help us get prepared, saving us time and you money. Thanks!!
NOTE: If you are requesting an email tune using an SCT device, please include the serial number from the back of the device.
Tips for a better tuning experience:
These tips will help your tuning session go smoother, saving us time and you money.
- New spark plugs properly gapped and installed. Even better if you bring and extra set along
- Have at least 1/2 tank of fresh fuel. You will be assess an extra charge if we have to run to the gas station during the dyno session.
- Make sure that the fuel pressure regulator or FRP sensor is connected to the boost source for force induction applications
- Make sure all spark plug wires are good including coil wire
- Make sure PCM and its diagnostic ports (including OBDII) are functioning properly
- Make sure the drive tires are in good condition
- Make sure all belts, hoses and the cooling system are in good condition and up to the task
- Oil, coolant and other leaks should be fixed prior to arriving; badly smoking cars should be repaired before arriving
- Check for trouble codes (DTCs) before arriving
- For force induction cars, the injectors and fuel system must be sized properly for the power level expected; serious engine damage could result if the injectors and/or fuel pump are not up to the task
- For force induction cars, the ACT must be placed after the compressor and heat exchanger (not before like on ’94 & up vehicles)
- Nitrous-equipped vehicles should come prepared with full bottles. YOU WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO WARM THE BOTTLE BY ANY OTHER MEANS THAN A PROPER BOTTLE WARMER!
- Vehicles with driveline vibration may not be tested. This is for the safety of our customers, their cars and ourselves.
- For chipped cars, please have your PCM exposed and hanging for easy access by the technician. This will save us time and you money.
- Exhaust leaks will dramatically affect the air/fuel measurements taken. Any/all leaks must be repaired prior to your appointment.
- Timing set at 10-degrees BTC (SPOUT out) for Ford EEC-IV vehicles
- TDC verified, particularly if balancer has been removed/replaced. Please mark TDC on the balancer.
We recommend having a sensor bung installed in your exhaust for our wide band sensor. Even better yet, have one bung on each bank. We do have tail pipe adapters, but having a bung close to the collector is the best way to achieve accurate results. We stock bungs (both carbon steel and stainless steel) and can install bungs for you but this has to be arranged prior to your arrival for the tuning session. There is a minimum charge of $75 per bung for the bung and installation.
Please read and understand the following warning. You will be asked to read and sign a general waiver of liability before your car is dyno tested. No signature = No dyno test.
Use of a chassis dynamometer will subject your vehicle to severe operating conditions including sudden accelerations, decelerations, high speeds and extremely high loads. Though infrequent, equipment failures do occur under these conditions. As the vehicle owner, you acknowledge these risks and agree to hold CRT Performance, LLC, its owners and employees, harmless.
As owners and operators of the dynamometer, CRT Performance personnel are trained in the proper use of the dynamometer, including how to respond to anomalous conditions that may occur during the use of the dynamometer. Insurance liability prevents anyone, other than employees of CRT Performance, LLC from operating the dynamometer.
For the protection of the vehicle, yourself, CRT Performance and others present during dynamometer testing, please follow any and all instructions provided by CRT Performance.
The owner of the vehicle under test will be presented with and expected to sign a general waiver of liability acknowledging these and other risks inherent with dyno tuning and operation of performance vehicles.